- Wheat Tortillas (enough for a few layers in your pan)
- 1 Can of green enchilada sauce. Salsa verde?
- Two eggs for each layer
- 1 pkg frozen spinach
- Mozzarella cheese, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 300
- Defrost Spinach, squeeze out as much water as you can
- Shred Mozzarella cheese
- Mix Spinach and most of Cheese (set aside about a third), add desired spices (such as cumin), set aside
- Crack eggs into bowl, scramble, set aside
- Put tortillas into saucepan, pour sauce over them, make sure they are coated. Keep them turning until they are evenly soaked and warm, but not quite falling apart.
- Begin making layers: tortilla, spinach mixture, some scrambled egg, more cheese on top, then start next layer. End with a tortilla on top.
- When layers are finished pour remaining sauce over the top and stab all over with a fork so that the sauce and egg can permeate everywhere.
- put in oven! When most of it appears set (but with a lot of thin liquid drains into a cut, around 20 mins) stab some more and turn oven down to 200 until it starts to brown and puff. Make sure it is completely cooked through.