Friday, April 23

Presidential Plastics

An article reviewing the changing portraits of the presidents on our currency has an humorous twist. They are proposing that the artistic representations have been given cosmetic enhancements.
I'm not sure I buy this though. Some of it looks like they have been "cleaned up", but a lot of it just looks like the drawing is done from a different angle. Lincoln's portrait, especially, looks like most of the difference attributed to imaginary rhinoplasty and cheek implants is actually due to an artist changing the angle of the drawing.

1 comment:

Abigail Rogers said...

I was browsing through profiles and found yours. We seem to have similar interests; maybe you would be interested in my blog! I am a homeschooler, and therefore hold unique views on life. On my blog I express those views, post recipes, book reviews, and try to entertain and interest whatever small audience I might have. Take a peek, you might like what you find:

http://differenthomeschoolgirl.blogspot.com/